Yes, argh... this page still needs updating... I hope to get more up soon, but for now, enjoy the clips below!
TWO BY PINTER IS A HIT!
- "Nigel Reed and Marni Penning, as Richard and Sarah, deal brilliantly
with the play's heavy emotional dialogue and action." -- William Hyder, The Baltimore Sun
- "Actors Nigel Reed and Marni Penning are expert at the role-playing of a twisted marriage...
Penning runs the gamut as the wife who thrives on the game and grows
desperate to maintain the kinky status quo." -- Nelson Pressley, The Washington Post
STUNNING REVIEWS FOR MACHINAL!
Click paper to read the full review...
- "[A] tense, fascinating portrait of a woman come undone...
grippingly portrayed by Penning..."
–The Washington Post
- "The performance of Marni Penning as the woman at
the center of the vortex is an evening-long marvel...
a high-energy, highly intelligent performance..."
- "Spellbinding...Miss Penning electrifies as the neurotic Helen,
but she also is affecting in the languid, tender love scene,
where she is crowing and transformed..."
–The Washington Times
- "Totally brilliant...Marni Penning develops a electrifying and riveting main character
with a plethora of honest stage reactions throughout. Hers is a lusciously acted role."
–Foggy Bottom News (part-way down the page; search for "Machinal")
- "Beautiful Tragedy."
- RAVES FOR COMEDY OF ERRORS...
- Marni is..."deliciously nasal"..."perfectly cast"..."funnier still"...
"constantly threatens to channel Fran Drescher"..."terrific"!
- The Comedy of Errors (Folger Shakespeare Theatre): Washington Times
- The Comedy of Errors (Folger): Washington CityPaper
- The Comedy of Errors (Folger): MetroWeekly
- The Comedy of Errors (Folger): Georgetowner [Bottom of Page]
- PAST PRODUCTIONS
- The Comedy of Errors (PA Shakespeare Festival)
- Lovers and Executioners
- Cincinnati Enquirer
- Cincinnati Post
- Aisle Say
- Acting Out a Dream (JMU)